I found all the assessments to be very detailed and specific. The first assessment, The Technology Application Inventory, seemed easier to understand and I was quickly able to complete the assessment. I felt it provide good feedback that easily allowed me to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses. The SETDA Surveys were more detailed and also provided good insight for areas of improvement, especially in my relevant teaching area. It was also interesting to see how my perspective changed when I was thinking for “my” classroom needs verses the “whole” campus’ needs.
When I began this assessment, I felt very confident with my technology skills, but it didn’t take long for me to see I have lots of areas to improve in. I have more strengths in the Foundations area. I scored well in the Information Acquisition domain. Although I know how to use the internet to search, I am unfamiliar with how to work with graphics. My areas for improvement was definitely in the domains of Solving Problems and Communication.
As an administrator, I feel I can be a leader for the 21st century technology standards. I personally keep 10 computers running all day in my classroom. I have knowledge as how to network computers and I am very involved with researching grade appropriate programs for elementary students. Although I have felt comfortable with my technology skills and have been very open to training other colleagues on using or current technology, I am now very aware of the need to improve my terminology and get more experience and training with higher level applications.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment